Today, Novell announced that its Data Synchronizer product is now shipping with a GroupWise connector. Specifically this means that Novell GroupWise now syncs to Microsoft SharePoint and other third-party applications including Salesforce.com and SugarCRM.
With server-side synchronization, Novell Data Synchronizer users can avoid switching between applications manually to keep their data up-to-date in various apps and on multiple devices. Users modify data once and then have access to it anywhere, anytime. For example, on the sales and marketing front, managers have data at their fingertips from apps and devices tied into an organization’s CRM or other sales management systems. Even the smallest modification, syncs with all systems and no one misses a beat. At the end of the day this saves users time and reduces IT frustration by providing a central location through which to manage all of an organization’s data.
A few of the key features of Novell Data Synchronizer with GroupWise connector are:
- Server-side synchronization: As users update information in apps and on mobile devices, the engine stores those changes in real time to allow other connected apps and devices to automatically access that data.
- Application integration: Integration between enterprise and third-party apps eliminates the need to manually add the same information into multiple systems. Enter data once and multiple apps, devices and users have instant access from anywhere.
- Many-to-many integration: Synchronization with Novell Data Synchronizer can be achieved from multiple applications to multiple targets.
- Mobility integration: As users work from their mobile devices, data synchronizes back to their connected applications. Novell GroupWise email, calendars and contacts sync with a variety of mobile devices and operating systems including iPhone, Android, Symbian, Palm and Windows Mobile.
- Extensible and highly configurable: Through Novell Data Synchronizer SDK and open API, administrators can customize existing connectors to fit their environments’ unique needs. These can be used internally in an organization or even provided as third party solutions.
Novell GroupWise users can get Novell Data Synchronizer access immediately with GroupWise connector availability starting today. Stay tuned for integration with Novell Teaming later this fall. Be sure to check out www.novell.com/products/data-synchronizer/ and happy synching!