We’re pleased to announce the availability of the latest version of Novell Vibe 3.2. This release builds on version 3.1 delivering enhancements to make team collaboration even easier for organizations. Enterprises will benefit from new mobile applications, allowing users to connect from their favorite iPhone and Android devices, additional controls for file management, surveys, landing pages and more.
For a complete look at what’s new in Novell Vibe 3.2, check out the list below. We want to remind you to stay tuned for additional features coming this winter, including off-line file synch for Vibe workspaces and a new Microsoft Office add-in.
To learn more or to download a free Starter Pack, visit: https://www.novell.com/vibe
New features of Novell Vibe 3.2 include:
- New mobile apps for iPhone and Android devices: As a web-based collaboration tool with a mobile interface, people have long been able to access their Novell Vibe team workspaces via their mobile devices. NEW with version 3.2 are actual iPhone and Android applications. Now users can store their credentials for one or more Vibe sites for fast and easy mobile access.
- File management: Do your files proliferate faster than lightning speed? Ehancements provide more control over files. Now you can turn file versioning on and off, set a maximum number of minor file versions, set the system to auto-delete old versions and delete multiple versions at once. You can also set quotas on file size.
- Expanded capabilities with landing pages and task management: With our rapid release process for Novell Vibe, each version brings subtle but highly requested enhancements providing users with an upgraded experience. Vibe 3.2 includes improvements to landing page formatting for tables, background colors and images. We’ve also made it more efficient to keep team members on track with enhanced task updates through task and calendar sync from Novell Vibe to Novell GroupWise.
- Improvements with workflows and surveys: Survey builders have more flexibility with the simple ability to move questions up or down in the question list. Workflow steps now change dynamically based on the value of a field in a preceding step, and a workflow can now modify the value of a field entry.
- Performance, usability and quality improvements: Additional asthetic changes include usability improvements and a fresh look and feel for system notifications via email.