Come see what's new in the latest version of Open Enterprise Server. Download the build, kick the tires, take it for a spin and see how the latest version can make you an IT hero.
Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 addresses the number one customer request: to support Open Enterprise Server with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11. In addition, Open Enterprise Server 11 contains the following:
- The new Novell Linux Volume Manager, which allows for 8TB partitions, pool moves, and NSS partitions on the same disk as system partitions.
- Seamless upgrades and migrations from OES2 and NetWare 6.5
- Latest hardware & 3rd-party vendor support on the Linux Platform
- All the Open Enterprise Server 2 SP3 features on top of the SLES11 SP1 64-bit base
- Creates new foundation that enables more agile delivery of new features
For a complete list of changes by service, see the Beta 3 online documentation.
Download here >
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.