Here's a nice freebie from our partners at ENGL. It is an ActiveX control that allows administrators to write simple scripts to read and write to the ZENworks Image-Safe Data area.
Download 1: zisdctrl-22.214.171.124.zip
Home page: http://www.engl.co.uk/products/zisdctrl
- ZENworks 7 Desktop Management SP1
- ZENworks 7 Desktop Management
- ZENworks 6.5 Desktop Management
- ZENworks for Desktops 4.0.1 (ZENworks 6)
- Windows 2000 Professional SP4
- Windows XP Professional SP2
ZisdCtrl is an ActiveX control that can read and remove values stored
in the ZENworks Image-safe Data (ZISD). Using the ActiveX control, the
ZISD can be easily manipulated using a few lines VBScript.
New in ZisdCtrl 3.0 is support for ZENworks 7 SP1 and the following
ZisdCtrl 3.0 (August 8, 2006)
- Added: ZENworks 7 SP1 support
- Added: More attributes (see above list of valid attributes).
ZisdCtrl 2.0 (January 26, 2006)
- Added: ZENworks 7 support
- Added: ZENworks 6.5 support
- Added: Read of attributes LastBaseImageTime & LastBaseImageSize
ZisdCtrl 1.0 (February 19, 2004)
- Added: get()
- Added: remove()
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.