When I read Novell Product Announcement (NPA) 5512 I thought "There's nothing like getting a bigger piece of a big deal". If you didn't see it, it's good stuff - here is the info:
Span of Distribution: VLA and MLA Distributors and Resellers
Volume Price Discounts
Novell is pleased to introduce Volume Price Discounts for VLA and MLA customers worldwide, effective May 1, 2008. The aim of Volume Pricing is to further simplify Novell Pricing and Buying Programs, and to provide improved pricing guidance for large volume transactions.
The new Volume Price Discounts are applied to individual orders, and do not have a cumulative effect across customer transactions. The Volume Price Discounts are applied to Novell product List Prices. All other contract or program discounts are applied after the initial Volume Price Discount is taken.
Volume Pricing is applicable to:
- Products within the Identity & Security and Systems Management product families only
- Product quantities in excess of 5,000 units for new license plus maintenance purchases
- Product quantities in excess of 15,000 units for renewal maintenance purchases
Exclusions to Volume Pricing:
- Does not apply to Government-to-Citizen (G2C) and Business-to-Consumer (B2C) product part numbers as announced in NPAs 5504-5505
- Does not apply together with academic pricing or academic discounts
- Does not apply to upgrade part numbers
- May not be combined with other Novell promotional offerings
- Various product part numbers within the Identity & Security and Systems Management product families may be excluded
- Third Party Products may be excluded
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Volume Pricing Discounts will be provided on a quote by quote basis upon individual request. The volume discounts will not be generally published at this time. For new license opportunities in excess of 5,000 units or a renewal opportunities in excess of 15,000 units for Identity & Security and Systems Management products, please contact your local Novell Sales Team (PartnerNet members please contact your Novell authorized distributor) for a Volume Price Quote.
For further information
If you have any questions regarding this announcement or need further information, please contact the Novell Pricing Team at Pricing@novell.com.