ScheMax provides network administrators an effective way to manage the NDS schema, add new classes and attributes, easily create NetWare Administrator snap-ins without programming, deliver NDS content to users, and set NDS attribute entry policies.
A typical use of ScheMax is to add some new attributes to the user object, create a NetWare Administrator snap-in to edit these attributes, and allow users to view the data. A snap-in is created that allows the help desk to add this data to each user from NetWare Administrator. Users are then given a program that allows them to search for a particular user, display their security clearance, social security number, and a photograph. System Requirements and Prerequisites
To use ScheMax, you must have NetWare Administrator. ScheMax works with all NDS releases, however auxiliary class support requires NDS v8 or higher.
ScheMax is available for download in a self-extracting .EXE file.
- Create a temporary folder and download the ScheMax self-extracting .EXE file to that location.
- Extract the ScheMax software by double-click the self-extracting .EXE file that you just downloaded.
- Double-click the ScheMax installation program .EXE file that you just extracted.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
During a default installation no extensions are made to the NDS® schema or to network settings. At any time ScheMax can be completely removed using the Add/Remove Programs control panel in Windows. Some additional manual steps are required to remove ScheMax from your NetWare Administrator installation. See the product documentation for details.
- Run NetWare Administrator and extend the NDS schema to include the ScheMax definitions.
For additional information, refer to the ScheMax online help or Readme file.