Anyone experienced problems connecting to OES2 or NetWare via AFP since upgrading to OSX Lion?
Here's the solution:
Because Apple changed the AFP version from v1 to v2, there are no connections possible through AFP from Mac to OES2 Linux nor NetWare...
- Open up a Terminal on your Mac and make /Libray/Preferences writable:
sudo chmod o+w /Library/Preferences
- Switch back your Lion to AFP v1:
defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient
afp_host_prefs_version -int 1
- Reboot your Mac !! (this is necessary just one time)
- Try to connect to your Server again. It may still fail.
- Open up a Terminal again and type:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient
afp_disabled_uams -array "Cleartxt Passwrd" "MS2.0" "2-Way
- Now the AFP connections should work...
- Change back rights to /Library/Preferences/ with:
sudo chmod o-w /Library/Preferences
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.