All-in-one IDM 2.x/3.x/4.x service driver for password notifications that can
notify users, helpdesk and naudit on the following events:
- up to three times before passwords actually expire (notification
intervals and times are configurably)
- after passwords expired, when grace logins fall below a
- when accounts get locked and passwords have to be reset by an
- on intruder lockout
All notifiction types and their targets (user, helpdesk and/or naudit)
can be individually enabled/disabled. The notification schedule operates
on an hourly or daily basis and is easily configured through GCVs.
Because IDM email templates are used, notifications can contain
additional account data e.g. the time an intruder-locked account will be
automatically unlocked again, or a company name for branding purposes.
Email templates are maintained in iManager or Designer, making it easy
to give them the same look and feel as the standard templates that come
with IDM password synchronization.
New 06-22-06: v1.1: This is a bugfixed and enhanced version. Now also
- decodes intruder addresses (IP only) and
- includes additional email templates and
- a readme.txt (finally!).
New 07-05-2007: v2.0 for IDM 3.5:
- trigger notifications from the subscriber channel (via policy or WorkOrder driver)
- notify managers on direct report's upcoming account expiration
- uses ldap search instead of XdsQueryProcessor: much more efficient, especially in large tree environments (thanks to a hint by Father Ramon)
New 08-07-2008: v2.0.3 for IDM 3.5:
- now supports (and defaults to) secure ldap operations
- notify managers/helpdesk about idle accounts (no login for xx days)
- changed some GCVs and added more detailed comments on how to use them
New 08-31-2011: v2.1.1 for IDM 4.0:
- packaged version for easy import and maintenance through Designer
- removed dependency on bh-dirxmlutils.jar by porting bh_DecodeNetAddr and bh_b64ToHEX functions to ECMAscript
- code modularization and streamlining
- minor bug fixes
home page url: http://www.brummelhook.com/dirxml
IDM4.x: use package repo at http://www.brummelhook.com/download/idm/packages/s...
Driver Wiki: http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Password_Notifica...
Some tips by Geoffrey: http://www.novell.com/communities/node/3017
Changing time zone conversions: http://www.novell.com/communities/node/3083
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.