GNU General Public License v2
PWM is an open source password self service application for LDAP directories. PWM is an ideal candidate for organizations that wish to “role their own” password self service solution, but do not wish to start from scratch.
PWM v1.6.0 has been released and is now available for download on the project site.
The history changelog is below:
v1.6.0 (October 17, 2011) build 1096
[ + Added feature ]
[ * Improved/changed feature ]
[ - Bug fixed/refactoring ]
[ ! security bug fix ]
[ ~ partial implementation ]
+ Added turkish locale, thanks erdem.bayer! (issue #86)
+ Added slovak locale, thanks svacko! (issue #87)
+ Added hebrew locale, thanks dordorqwerty! (issue #92)
+ Added helpdesk module for password resets (issue #99)
+ Support for customizable CSS themes, and several default themes included (issue #103)
+ Support for SMTP authentication (issue #104)
+ Overhaul of the NewUser registration module,
+ Password field is now on initial new user password field
+ Form UI supports more fields in less space
+ Randomized DN generation
+ While-you-type form validation
+ Configurable password policy template user
+ Configurable minimum wait time on new user creation
+ Added stored token database (to PwmDB or RDBMS) for forgotten password and new user password
+ Updated look & feel for form tables throughout the application
+ UserReport module in /pwm/private/admin and from PwmCommand command line
* Moved public menu options (ForgottenPassword, NewUser, Activate) to login page
* Moved private menu options to /pwm/private url, and made menu visibility based on permission
* Continued improvements in configmanager process
- Fixed bug where unsupported browser locale results in blank page/null pointer (issue #83)
- Fixed bug where non-english server locale results in configuration manager issues (issue #84)
- Double-byte characters not stored properly in PwmConfiguration.xml (issue #100)
- Issue where SMS Servlet Gateway URL couldn't be configured with a port number (issue #97)
- Config file size limit of 50k characters increased to 10mb.
- Current password required in some cases on forgotten password reset page. (issue #119)
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.