We've had a couple of questions about how to install the Operations Framework Controller manually. Here's the scoop, from TID 7008520
How to manually install a controller for PlateSpin Migrate or Protect
Applies to: PlateSpin Migrate 9+ and PlateSpin Protect 10+
This article discusses how to manually install the PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller. This is generally practical when jobs are failing during the "Installing controller on source server" step.
Clean up the source server before proceeding with the manual controller installation:
- Open a Command Prompt and navigate to C:\Program Files\PlateSpin Migrate Server\Controller\
- Run the following command:
- ofxcontroller /uninstall
- Delete the PlateSpin directory from C:\Program Files\ on the source server.
- Also navigate to the following folder and empty and delete it:
Steps to manually install the controller:
- Obtain the manual controller installer from the PlateSpin Support team.
- Extract the file on the source server.
- Open a Command Prompt and navigate to the extracted folder.
- Execute the following command:
- ofxtool.installcontroller.exe /host=<PS server> /ofx=ofxweb /user=<PS account> /password=<PS account password>
- Example: ofxtool.installcontroller.exe /host=Platespin01 /ofx=ofxweb /user=Platespin01\Administrator /password=Passw0rd
IMPORTANT: From time to time they update the TIDS with newer or corrected information, so please make sure you check TID 7008520 to get the latest info.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.