Evaluation, limited by size for volumes and partitions
home page url:
3.5 features include:
- Preliminary support for NetWare 6.5 SP4 Build 624.
- NetWare 6.5. Added Online Imaging. NSS Pools can now be imaged while they are active with mounted volumes. This support is only available for NetWare 6.5 SP2 with patch N65NSS2b or SP3 and later. A Pool to store the snapshot data is required (no volumes are required in this pool). This pool should be approximately 5% - 20% of the other pools total used space.
- NetWare 6.5. The Image and Restore commands now use the 64-bit file APIs. Image files larger than 2 GB are now supported when writing to NSS file systems. Image Spanning is turned off by default when writing to NSS volumes.
- Pool Restore. More than 4 pools can now be restored to a single device. When possible the existing NetWare 6 Master Partition is resized to hold the new pools instead of creating a new NetWare 6 Master Partition for each pool restored.
- Pool Restore. A Hotfix area is no longer created during a Pool Restore for NetWare 6.5. The partition Hotfix area is optional for NetWare 6.0 but it is not recommended for NetWare 6.5.
- Added SCSI tape support to the Portlock Linux Boot CD and the Portlock Storage Manager Linux version.
- Added SCSI changer support to the Portlock Linux Boot CD and the Portlock Storage Manager DOS and Linux versions.
For a complete list of New Features as well as Limitations please refer to
Be sure to upgrade to this current version by selecting the "check for updates" when running Storage Manager.
If you have any questions or concerns please email support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 406-723-5200. You may contact sales at email@example.com for any questions regarding the purchase or renewal of your Portlock product.