My VP of Sales Needs to Import CardScan Data into GroupWise
A customer asked us the other day if we had any software that would allow his VP to import CardScan business card data into GroupWise. His VP of Sales had just returned from a trade show and had several hundred cards that needed to be scanned and imported into GroupWise. We thought this request was a good opportunity to write an Omni Cool Tip about how to use the perfect tool for this task … GroupWise Address Book Update: GW-ABU.
Scan the Business Cards and Export the Contact Information from CardScan
The first task is to scan the business cards and export the contact information from CardScan into a .CSV file. Use the CardScan Export Wizard to:
- Create a custom export template
- Create a CSV file with the scanned data.
Following are the basic steps:
- Choose File > Export. Select the scanned cards to export and click Next.
- At the selecting type of application exporting to, select Other and click Next. >
- At “Export Template” choose Create a custom template and click Next.
- At “Custom templates” choose Create a new free-form template and click Next.
- At “New template” enter the desired name of the template, e.g., “ABU-Template” and click Next.
- In the “Export fields” window, select the fields from the “CardScan fields:” list and add them to the “Export fields:” and click Next.
- In the “Custom Template Options” window, click Next.
- In the next “Custom Template Options” window, ensure “Yes” is selected and click "Yes”.
- Complete the wizard and name the export file e.g. Trade-Show-Import.csv.
Import the Contact Information into GroupWise
After creating the CSV file, the next step is to use "GW-ABU" to import the data into the GroupWise Address Book.
- Download and install the GroupWise Address Book Update from www.omni-ts.com
- The trial version is limited to importing five contacts. The first license for any company is free. Contact licensing at Omni to receive your free ABU license.
- Start ABU. Select the Import tab. In Step 1 browse to locate the specified CSV file.
- Browse to and select the specified CSV file.
- In Step 2, you can choose to import into an existing address book, you can create a new address book, or you can create an address book based on a field value in the CSV file. In this example, we choose to import into a new address book and call it Trade Show Addresses.
- In Step 3, if mappings do not exist between the CSV field and the Data field, drag and drop the field name from the CSV field to the corresponding GroupWise data field in which you want the data.
- Click the Start button to complete the address book import. When the import is complete, you will see a window advising that a restart of the GroupWise client is necessary to refresh the content of the address book.
- After restarting the GroupWise client, you will see the address book that contains the imported information was created.
Mission accomplished. Our customer was able to import his VP of Sales' CardScan contact data into GroupWise. Two additional benefits are:
- The VP can use the same .CSV file to send a personalized merged email using Omni's GroupWise Mail Merge Utility
- If the company was using Riva CRM Integration for GroupWise, all of the companies and contacts that were imported into GroupWise would be automatically imported into the corporate CRM! Riva CRM Integration for GroupWise provides transparent bi-directional synchronization of companies and contacts between GroupWise and SugarCRM, info@hand, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Salesforce.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.