Undertaking a major desktop operating system migration is never a simple task. But if you’re looking to move your endpoints to Windows 7, you can simplify the process and minimize disruptions to your business with a smart strategy, a best practices approach, and the right migration, maintenance, security and service management tools. Such an approach begins with answering five key questions.
- What can I migrate to Windows 7?
- Will all my applications work with Windows 7?
- How can I easily migrate thousands of my machines?
- How do I keep my Windows 7 environment safe and up-to-date?
- How do I continually and effectively address service issues in my Windows 7 environment?
In this Connection Magazine article you'll learn how:
- Developing a game plan and strategy for your migration is probably the most crucial aspect of any move to Windows 7.
- Performing a clean install on thousands of machines can be greatly simplified with the OS imaging capabilities provided by ZENworks Configuration Management.
- To give you a smooth and successful migration to Windows 7, Novell ZENworks 11 addresses the key questions and issues at the heart of your migration efforts.
Learn how to use the powerful features in ZENworks 11 to assess your assets, ensure application continuity, migrate thousands of machines, keep your environment safe, keep users productive, and more.
Read the full article.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.