In 2012, The Attachmate Group is more determined than ever to deliver you exceptional value through our channel programs. We want to help you become more profitable as you deliver innovative solutions to your customers. As a result of your feedback we are making updates to the following PartnerNet program deliverables in order to distinguish your expertise as a partner, boost your profitability and maximize your bottom line. Together we will unlock the opportunity!
PartnerNet Program Aligns to Business Units
The PartnerNet program will soon align to our three Business Units and how we go to market with our Novell, NetIQ, and SUSE technologies. This means that sales and technical certifications will be aligned with the products associated with each Business Unit. If you currently hold a specialization of End User Computing, Identity and Security and/or Data Center, your medallion specialization will be automatically aligned to the correct Business Unit. The PartnerNet portal will also be organized to allow you to focus on a specific Business Unit’s products, tools, and programs. At the same time, you will continue to have access to your core resources within the PartnerNet portal including deal registration, and lead & opportunity management.
Sales and Technical Certifications will be updated as we align the PartnerNet program to support our three Business Units (Novell, NetIQ, and SUSE). These changes are as follows:
- Sales and Technical Certifications by Business Unit
- New Technical Certifications- will be announced as they become available
New Sales Certifications for 2012 will be available as follows:
- Certified Novell Salesperson (CNS) certification
- Certified SUSE Salesperson (CSS) certification
- Certified NetIQ Salesperson (CNQS) certification
We will honor the 2011 CNS for 6 months after the availability of the 2012 Sales Certifications.
Novell PartnerNet is now PartnerNet
Now that our PartnerNet program is supporting our three Business Units, we have changed the name of the program from the "Novell PartnerNet program" to simply "PartnerNet." This retains our PartnerNet brand for our common programmatic framework and allows the Novell, NetIQ and SUSE brands to be elevated through our Business Unit certifications.
Volume Incentive Rebate Period: November 1, 2011 – March 31, 2012
The Volume Incentive Rebate (VIR) program continues to be an excellent opportunity for you to boost your profitability while reselling our solutions. The following guidelines apply through the end of our new fiscal year on March 31, 2012:
- Volume incentive revenue is calculated from November 1, 2011 through March 31, 2012. This is the only period that will be considered for this interim VIR Payment.
- The revenue will be calculated as 5/12 of the revenue goal. The calculation and payment includes all eligible, new business that cumulatively meets or exceeds the target.
- Payments are processed 30 days after a period ends and is made in local currency.
- If you meet the revenue goal you will be eligible for a rebate.
We will announce a new VIR program for our Fiscal Year 2013 by the end of March.
To enable our program transition to Business Units, we will not be conducting an assessment in February to evaluate and determine medallion levels. If your organization should be at a higher medallion level within the program than currently indicated in the PartnerNet portal, please contact the PartnerNet Help Desk.
Product Announcements (formerly NPAs) Now Online!
We are excited to announce a new online tool that enables partners to get the latest information on Product Announcements.
- Contains Product Announcements for the past 3 years
- Enables searching and filtering of current and historical Product Announcements
- Provides us the capability in the future to brand Product Announcements by Business Unit
For more information please review the Product Announcements Training Guide.
ATT Live: 2012 Conference Sign Up Now!
ATT Live is the best conference in the industry for receiving comprehensive, live, hands-on training for Novell, NetIQ and SUSE products at the best possible price. This year's event is scheduled for May 15-18 at the M Resort, Spa and Casino in Las Vegas. We will be offering a discount to Gold and Platinum partners that register early!
COST: $1,000 for Gold and Platinum partners with the coupon code ATTL2012Partner (expires March 31, 2012). Full price for the event is $1,750 before any discounts.
We hope you share our enthusiasm for the opportunities these updates provide as we partner together. We greatly appreciate your continued confidence and support.
The PartnerNet Team