I traveled the globe from October to February meeting with customers and our sales teams discussing NetIQ's IT Operations Management (ITOM) value and solutions, then I traded in wings for a bit. Now it's time for one of my favorite battery re-charging conferences of the year, the Gartner Infrastructure and Operations Management Summit (IOM). I enjoy the Summit to see old friends in the vendor community as well as many old analyst friends, but this year there is a lot of buzz around the Summit and ITOM has become the talk of the town again. Here are few quotes and phrases from the opening pages of the Summit Agenda:
- "Delivering Accelerated Business Value: Cloud, Mobility and More"
- Hot Topics:
- Enterprise mobility
- Private/Public cloud computing
- Moving beyond server virtualization
- Cost optimization
- Data center space, power and cooling
- ITIL and process improvement
- Improving IT service quality
- Business value
- "The reign of the PC is over. A new era is emerging, one that will require enterprises to fundamentally rethink how they deliver services to users."
Read the whole article here, in the NetIQ Qmunity >
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.