Novell ZENworks 7 Linux Management - ZLM7
Novell ZENworks 7.2 Linux Management - ZLM7.2
Novell Open Enterprise Server (Linux based)
The best (and only supported) way to update an Open Enterprise Linux Server is by OES patch bundles and not via the oes-bundle. Note: The OES catalog from update.novell.com should be mirrored.
You can update the patches on the OES managed devices in two ways:
Pushing the Updates from the ZENworks Linux Management Server to the OES Managed Device
- Log into ZENworks Control Center.
- Click Bundles.
- Create a Bundle Group.
- Associate all the patch bundles in the OES catalog except the oes-bundle to the Bundle Group.
- Assign the Bundle Group to the OES managed device to be installed on a specific schedule.
Manually Installing Updates from the OES Client
- Log into the ZENworks Control Center.
- Click Bundles.
- Go to the oes-catalog.
- Remove the oes-bundle association from the OES catalog.
- Remove patch-11032 from the OES catalog.
- Associate the OES catalog to the OES managed device.
- On the managed device, execute the 'rug refresh' command.
- To install all the patches, execute the 'rug bin patch-*' command.
For detailed information on how to perform each step, see the ZENworks 7.2 Linux Management documentation.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.