You are unable to search for content in a given account, so you need to recreate a complex folder structure in a GroupWise account without doing it manually.
1. Send a mail message from the account to the same account. Use a subject like "recreate-folder".
2. Drag/drop a copy of the message to each folder to be recreated. Hold down the CTRL key while dragging/dropping to copy; otherwise, the operation will move the message.
3. Select Tools > Find to locate all occurrences of the message in the account with the subject containing "recreate-folder".
4. Select all messages in find results window then select "Actions, Move to Archive" for all occurences of the message.
5. Perform account maintenance, such as deleting the account and recreating it clean. Account management functions are done in ConsoleOne.
Important: This assumes that the old FID of the archive matches the new FID of the recreated account!
6. Select File > Open Archive to switch to the local archive.
7. Select Tools > Find to locate all occurrences of the message in the account with the subject containing "recreate-folder".
8. Select all messages in find results window, then select Actions > Move to Archive for all occurences of the message. This will restore them back to the server.
9. Select File > Open Archive to return to the online version.
10. Select Tools > Find to locate all occurrences of the message in the account with the subject containing "recreate-folder".
11. Select all messages in the Find results window, then select Edit > Delete for all occurences of the message to be cleaned up.
... Presto - the folder structure has been recreated to its pre-maintenance setup.
Use a screen capture to store a hardcopy of folder structure as backup. Use "Print Screen" key and Microsoft Paint with "Edit, Paste" to capture and save screen shots. Or, use a screen capture utility if available.
Using the "recreate-folder" message allows otherwise empty folders to be recreated.
This method was used to recreate 332 folders. Steps 1-4 took 20 minutes and steps 6-11 took 3 minutes. It would have taken hours to create the folder structure exactly otherwise.
Windows GroupWise client version 7.0.2 build 558. This solution should be independent of the Windows GroupWise client version.
If the FID does not match, you can use this tip to create an account with a specific FID:
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.