Simply drop choppit.exe in your server's sys:system directory. After an abend just start it from there (mapped drive or UNC) to open the last Abend in your Window's NOTEPAD.EXE, that's it.
How it works:
- looks for ABEND.LOG in choppit's folder
- reads in the full ABEND.LOG to an array
- searches backwards for "Abend 1"
- searches backwards for the "*" asterik line
- saves from that line to the end of the array
- Save File = [desktopdir]\ ABEND-serername-Chopped.TXT
- The servername is taken from the ABEND.LOG
The program is written in Autoit3 scripting language.
Never need it -- I mean, don't face ABENDs ;)
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.