Novell iFolder 2.1
Microsoft Windows Vista
The installation of iFolder 2.1x fails on Microsoft Windows Vista due to a new desktop composition option included with the OS.
- Click on the Download the iFolder 2.1.x windows client. In this example the version of the client is 2.1.7.
- Start button and choose Control Panel, Programs, and select Use an older program with this version of Windows. This will start the Program Compatibility Wizard. Click Next to continue.
- Choose I want to locate the program manually and click Next.
- Click the Browse button, select the iFolderClient.exe, and click Next.
- Choose Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and click Next.
- Choose Disable desktop composition and click Next.
- Leave Run this program as an administrator unchecked and click Next.
- Click Next on the summary screen.
- The iFolder client install program should now launch successfully.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.