Designer 3.x currently supports report generation in pdf, rtf formats. There is no provision currently to generate html reports. To generate an out of box html report in Designer, there is an alternative.
- In designer do the following:
Preferences -->Novell -->Identity Manager -->Document Generation --> check the 'Output XML source files'
- Run Document Generator for the project in the Designer
- Go to designer workspace location where your project is located.
Say, '1' is the name of the project, then $workspace\1\Designer\Documents\Generated\1.fo.xml is the source file. This is xsl-fo file.
- Download fo2html.xsl from http://services.renderx.com/Content/tools/fo2html.html
- Execute the following command.
> java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -XML -in $workspace\1\Designer\Documents\Generated\1.fo.xml -xsl fo2html.xsl -out report.html
The above command takes xsl-fo as input and applies the xsl-fo to html transformation using fo2html.xsl and generates report.html
jdk1.6, xerces.jar, xalan.jar. By default jdk1.6 gets shipped with these jars in jre\lib\endorsed folder
- The generated report can be best viewed in Windows internet explorer browser currently.
- fo2html.xsl needs to be tweaked to ensure the html gets generated in proper format.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.