ContentFilter provides filtering and blocking of unwanted websites by performing
real-time textual analysis of website page content. The product is significantly
less expensive than competing third-party solutions, which require costly
ongoing annual subscriptions.
The principal benefits of using ContentFilter are:
- ContentFilter is priced reasonably.
- ContentFilter does not require expensive ongoing subscriptions.
- The list of words and phrases to be blocked is completely open and can be
easily added to or edited by the Administrator.
- ContentFilter operates in conjunction with existing Novell BorderManager or
Novell Security Manager software and does not require additional server or
- ContentFilter is easy to install and configure.
- Once deployed, the software can be left running without any further
intervention from the Administrator.
- ContentFilter works with both Novell BorderManager and the new Novell Security
Donald Mundrick is the WAN administrator of Rockyview School Division, a 4000
user site in Alberta, Canada. He said that after carefully evaluating several
Internet filtering products, they chose ContentFilter for their 36 rural
schools. Its seamless integration with Novell's BorderManager was a big selling
feature, but they were most impressed with ContentFilter's ease of use and
Commenting on the announcement Tim Crabb, Novell Product Manager, said:
"Connectotel offers a great URL and content filtering option that enhances the
protection provided by Novell's firewall and perimeter security products."
Marcus Williamson, Connectotel Managing Director, added:
"Following the great success of the LinkWall Suite, we are delighted to be able
to offer ContentFilter as another low-cost option for Network Administrators who
wish to prevent access to unwanted sites."