Free for Admins Club Members
home page url:
- A new very useful tool for a real-time, continuous control of servers
activities and connections between them.
- System to use on NetWare 5.x and NetWare 6.x platforms.
- Extremely simple and easy to use and cheap at the same time.
- An ideal complement to other expensive and sophisticated control
systems based on SNMP protocol.
- Can be use in local networks as well as in wide-area networks.
- Requires only a simple agent running on every controlled system.
- For communication uses TCP/IP protocol and a port number specified by
- Features of main system module:
Available version up to 50 servers.
- displays status of servers works continuously on selected NetWare server.
- displays names of servers to which the connections are correct in
green, to which a lack of connection is between 15 and 30 minutes in
violet, and those with a lack of connection above 30 minutes in red (Fig.1)
- enables a view of a few important parameters of controlled systems (Fig.2)
- creates logs with status changes of controlled servers.
System consists of DWAGENT2.NLM module running on every controlled
server and DWMON50.NLM running on main managing server. For demo
purposes it is possible to start both modules on one server.
DWAGENT2.NLM modules should be placed into SYSTEM folder on SYS volume
of every controlled server.
DWMON50.NLM module should be copied into SYSTEM folder on SYS volume of
main managing server. A file DWMON50.CFG containing name definitions of
all controlled servers should be placed into ETC folder on SYS volume of
main managing server.
Command to start DWAGENT2.NLM is following:
DWAGENT2 /Nservername /Aipaddress /Pport
servername - is the name used by managing server to identify every
controlled server. It is not necessary to keep the same server name as
it is set in NDS. Maximum length of this name is 12 characters. In case
of omitting this parameter the default value will be assigned as exists
ipaddress - is an IP address of the managing server. Required parameter.
port - is an IP address port number of the managing server. When it is
omitted the default value is set to 2100.
To finish a running DWAGENT2 module it should be entered a command:
Command to start DWMON50.NLM module is following:
port - is IP adress port number on which the managing server will listen
to control frames. While omitted the default value is set to 2100
To finish a running of DWMON50 module it should be pressed ESC key or
entered a command: unload dwmon50.