Free for Admins Club Members
home page url:
The audit module AUDITLGN.NLM is designed for registration of the following events:
- USER LOGIN to a NetWare server
- USER LOGOUT of a NetWare server
- NIGHT CONTROL - control of stations logged on to the server at night ( at midnight).
- It allows to find users who don't turn off their computer for the night
- NetWare 5.0
- NetWare 5.1
- NetWare 6.0
- NetWare 6.5
Descriptive text explaining what it's for, and how to use it:
- The audit module AUDITLGN.NLM is designed for registration of the following events:
USER LOGIN to a NetWare server
USER LOGOUT of a NetWare server
NIGHT CONTROL - control of stations logged on to the server at night ( at midnight).
It allows to find users who don't turn off their computer for the night
- The module registers all logon events with a NORMAL status (similarly to MONITOR.NLM program).
If the interval between log on and logoff is shorter then 0.2 seconds an event can be not registered in the system.
- The module can control status of maximum of 200 (or 2000) users logged on to the server.
- The program enables to present maximum of 77 users logged on to the server at one screen.
- AUDITLGN is dedicated for servers working on the NetWare platform version 5.0, 5.1, 6.0 and 6.5.
Installation of AUDITLGN program on NetWare server:
Module AUDITLGN.NLM should be copied to a controlled server to SYSTEM folder on SYS volume.
Start of AUDITLGN.NLM module:
The program can be started from a server console level immediately or automatically as a command line in AUTOEXEC.NCF file:
AUDITLGN /a /ppath /m /n /X
/a - active connections screen is enable (default is disable)
/m - monthly log is enable (default is disable)
/n - night control is enable (default is disable). It is created a separate log file containing a list of stations which are logged on to the server at midnight of every day
/ppath - set the path for log file
path - path for log file: e.g. DATA:LOGS/AUDIT
(!! without char "/" or "\" at the end of line)
in this example log file will be: DATA:LOGS/AUDIT/AUDT0610.LOG
default path: SYS:ETC
/X - a start of the program with this option causes the additional audit records are created in an XML
For every event a separate file is created.
Files are written on the SYS volume in the ETC/XMLLOG folder.
Without /X option there is created only a standard event log - AUDITLGN.LOG in a structure as below:
LOGIN: 012 20060219 09:19:57 ADMIN1 IP 192.168.0.121
LOGOUT: 012 20060219 09:44:35 ADMIN1 IP 192.168.0.121
auditlgn /a /m /pDATA:LOGS/AUDIT
Default the AUDITLGN.LOG event log is created on the SYS volume in the ETC folder.