There is a very easy way to see the last modification timestamp for any object in eDirectory but for looking up the last modification timestamp for any attribute on any object in eDirectory, the process involves a few steps as shows below:
- Logon to iMonitor on any Identity Vault server within the environment. When prompted about the security certificate (it’s self signed), choose to continue.
- Click on NDS iMonitor
- Logon with your admin account in dotted distinguishedName format (admin.vault.test) and password.
- Click the Search icon on the right side of the tool ribbon at the top (magnifying glass icon)
- For Base Object, use the VAULT partition. For Relative Distinguished Name, enter a CN value from the Identity Vault for the user. Choose Subtree and click Search.
- The search takes a little time. Be patient.
- Drill into the results by clicking the link.
- On the left side of the screen, you’ll see a pane with the attributes available for the object. These are bookmarks into the data pane on the right, which is probably huge and painful to scroll by hand. Use the shortcuts on the left side!
- Just scroll to an attribute on the left, click it, and the data pane will jump to that information. Note that the box will show the name of the attribute, the timestamp for the last update, flags, and the current value.
- If you click on the link of the attribute name, it will take you to the schema definition for that attribute, in case you want to see that level of information.
- Multi-valued attributes will show all values, with individual timestamps.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.