It's that time again where we are looking for beta customers for the next release of Vibe, version 3.2. If you've been using Vibe (formerly Teaming) for a while you will have seen that it's just getting better and better, and this release moves that bar again.
The major features in this release are:
- Versioning Management: Added the ability to turn file versioning off in a folder, to limit the number of minor versions in a folder and to place a time limit on files in a folder.
- Landing Pages, Task Management, Survey ordering and workflows.
- Added ability to Change an entry from one type to another.
- Infrastructure to improve product performance for end users
- Back end performance
- Usability and format of emails
- Calandar and Task synchronization with GroupWise
There are also product improvements that may also be included in or near this release depending on schedule. These include:
- Desktop File Sync.
- Mobile Apps for iPhone and Android
- MS Office plug-in.
- File Encryption.
- Integrated Browser Client for Novell Messenger.
If you are interested in taking part in the beta for this release then head over to the beta blog, read the requirements and benefits, and then be sure to complete the survery.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.