Chicago, IL, United States
Hutchinson, Shockey, Erley & Co
Established financial services firm in downtown Chicago seeking a qualified Information Technology Manager. The successful candidate will possess a comprehensive understanding of Novell Network Administration, Windows Workstation Administration, and Help Desk Support
Maintains information technology strategies by managing staff; researching and implementing technological strategic solutions.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; negotiating vendor contracts; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Master Certified Novell Engineer (MCNE)
- Minimum 5 years network administration experience
- Novell GroupWise 8
- Novell NetWare 6.5
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 2
- Novell ZENworks Desktop Management 7
- Novell ZENworks Configuration Management 10/11
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10/11
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack
- VMware vSphere
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls
- broadband cellular cards
- Android smartphones & Apple iPhones
- network security systems
- excellent organizational skills
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of system users
- experience integrating heterogeneous systems
- proven ability to function independently and responsibly
- proven experience working in a revision controlled environment
- able to follow existing procedures and methodology
- strong technical documentation skills
- must be highly flexible in working hours
- late and weekend hours will be necessary for maintenance and upgrades
- occasional travel to branch offices
- must be available for on call support 24x7x365
Please include in application:
- resume / certification verification
- prior salary history
to submit an application