As the event manager for Training Services, I strongly felt it was time for us to reconnect with our loyal customers by investing and focusing on some new face to face offerings for ZENworks, GroupWise and Open Enterprise Server trainings.
Recently we ran several events that we called "TechShare" in select cities. It was awesome to be back face to face and see the response of the Novell faithful. It reminded me of years past, which many of you will remember when we ran those TechShares from yesteryear.
However, we had many customers wondering when we were coming to their city. I realize that going out on the road city to city limited the reach. In listening to the feedback, the solution is to now bring this TechShare event in to the virtual world. Not to diminish the value of being face to face with so many customers, it has been an awesome experience to see the interest in these events, but in order to address more customer's needs for training across all of North America, we are now planning to run a Virtual TechShare for the first time ever!
Here are some of the details....
Dates planned for this first event is June 5th and 6th and below is a list of session titles offered over the two day training. You will be able to choose the sessions that interest you most from these 3 tracks dedicated to ZENworks, GroupWise, and Open Enterprise Server.
- Deploy ZENworks Configuration Management 11.2: Introduction and Features Overview
- Managing Macintosh OS-X with Novell ZENworks Configuration Management 11.2
- Introduction to Novell ZENworks Application Virtualization 9
- Staying out of the Front Page Headlines Using Novell Endpoint Security Suite (NEPS)
- Preventing Data Breaches Using ZENworks Full Disk Encryption
Open Enterprise Server Sessions
- What's New in Open Enterprise Server 11
- Bridging NetWare® Skills to Open Enterprise Server 11
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 11: Migration Strategies
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 11: In Place Migration
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 11: Introduction to Filr
GroupWise / Collaboration Sessions
- Introduction to Novell GroupWise 2012
- Novell Data Synchronizer – Mobility Pack
- Migrating Novell GroupWise 2012 to Linux
- Introduction to Novell Vibe™ and its Integration with GroupWise
- Deploying the GroupWise Client Using ZENworks 11 Configuration Management
By registering , you will have access to 2 full days of training. The cost for the training is US$350. That's $1,000 less than our standard online training fees for a two day class! We feel it is that important to get this training out to as many customers as we can and address the feedback we have received where the city tour was not feasible.
If you are concerned about this being virtual, you can learn more about our online training at this link - http://www.novell.com/training/online/
We have been doing virtual training for years, and it is a great way to keep travel costs down, attend the training in your pajamas, with hair uncombed and still get all you need with a solid hands-on and interactive experience.
If you are interested in the event. you can register by clicking on this active link:
If you have questions or feedback about the offer you can email training at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope that you will consider this offer, there is a lot of exciting things happening with these major Novell products, and this is a great way to be informed, plan integrations, upgrade to the latest versions or just get a peek at some of the new products in this space.
Looking forward to having you in the virtual TechShare classrooms.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.