Partitioning for Novell Teaming:
20GB Root /Reiser or your file system of choice:
500M Boot / EXT2
933GB Non formatted Linux LVM Partition
File Repository for Teaming
/var/lib/mysql - 20GB LVM
/home/icecore/data - 500GB LVM
/opt/icecore (/opt) - 20GB LVM
On the same SLES10.1 Server from above:
- From Yast and Software Management - Download and install Java 1.5 - IBM make sure to choose everything related to this software
- Download and install Mysql Client and server from mysql.com - version 5045 for SLES10
- Once installed run from the # mysqladmin -u root password root
- Go to the my example installer.xml in the teaming directory
- Download the appropriate Novell Teaming Kit
- Rename exampleinstaller.xml to installer.xml
- Edit the installer.xml and change the path to java to /etc/alternatives/java_sdk and change the type to IBM (If you used IBM's version of Java, in this case we did)
- Install your license file. (Place it in the same directory as the installer program) NOTE - Your license key MUST be called licence-key.xml, when you obtain it from Novell it will have a unique name. You must rename it.
- Run the installer - installer-liferay.linux
- Start the system: /yourinstall/liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.3.0/bin/icecore start
- Access the system @ http://myTeamingServer:8080
Novell Teaming 1.0 Quick Start Guide:
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.