With the recent release of Access Manager 3 Support Pack 4, the SSLVPN now includes some new features that will allow you to customize the main SSLVPN portal page. The two main options that are configurable are in relation to branding, by changing the logo displayed, and the content displayed on the page. Regarding the content displayed, we have also introduced the option of customizing the information displayed as the connection is being made (for example, notifying users to be patient as the connection gets initialized, or emphising that the SSLVPN portal page should never be disconnected), or once the connection is made and the tunnel is initialized successfully.
The steps below outline the steps required to do both:
Changing the SSLVPN Logo
- Browse to the following location and replace SSLVPN_Nlogo.gif
You must retain the filename and file size of the original graphic.
In the localized versions, the .gif file is located in the /pages_<language>/other folder. For example, if you want to customize the German version, you must browse to the following location:
- In ActiveX, the logo is hyperlinked to www.novell.com. To change the hyperlink:
- Open /var/opt/novell/tomcat4/webapps/sslvpn/pages/banner.html.
- Browse to the <div id="logo"> section, then change the <HREF> link to the URL of your choice.
- Save and close the file.
Customizing the Content of the Home Page
- Browse to /var/opt/novell/tomcat4/webapps/sslvpn/pages.
- Do the following:
- Modify the contents of home.html file. This file is displayed to the user when ActiveX is downloaded to the client machine.
- Modify the contents of pre_applet_home.html and applet_home.html. These files are displayed to the user when a Java applet is downloaded to the client machine. The contents of pre_applet_home.html is displayed to the user when the SSL VPN connection is being made. This page changes to applet_home.html page, after the connection status changes to Connected.
This is a static HTML
Save and close the file
Simply restart the SSLVPN servlet by issuing an /etc/init.d/novell-tomcat4 restart and the next time you connect, the new branding and messages will be displayed on the SSLVPN portal page.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.