home page url:
kramarao is not the author of this tool, but thought it would be a good addition to Cool Tools.
download url: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group...
Cscope is a developer's tool for browsing source code.
Following are the features of the Cscope.
- Allows searching code for:
- all references to a symbol
- global definitions
- functions called by a function
- functions calling a function
- text string
- regular expression pattern
- a file
- files including a file
- Curses based (text screen)
- An information database is generated for faster searches and later reference
- The fuzzy parser supports C, but is flexible enough to be useful for C++ and Java, and for use as a generalized 'grep database' (use it to browse large text documents!)
- Has a command line mode for inclusion in scripts or as a backend to a GUI/frontend
- Runs on all flavors of Unix, plus most monopoly-controlled operating systems.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.