We are pleased to announce that Novell Service Desk 7.0 Beta is now available. Novell Service Desk 7.0 is the next major release of Novell’s Service Management platform that provides significant new features such as:
- New Dashboard with drag and drop capabilities and an ability to select from over 140 predefined widgets
- Enhancements to custom report writer, allowing users to build any desired report and ability to schedule them
- Multi source LDAP/AD support for user authentication
- New relationship impact map analysis with active lifecycle states
- Line Manager Approvals in Service Request and Change Requests
- Import Knowledge base content via CSV
- Significant performance improvements with some tasks operating more than 400% faster
- and much, much more
Please feel free to download Novell Service Desk 7.0 beta from here and the beta docs are also available at the beta site. Please make sure to share your thoughts/feedback with us.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.