The Identity Manager User Application on Windows server does not start automatically after restarting the server, without logging in to Console and starting MySQL And JBoss.
Here are the instructions on how to install MySQL and Jboss as a service, so the IDM User Application loads automatically after restarting the Windows server.
1. Download Java Service: http://forge.objectweb.org/project/showfiles.php?g...
2. Download J2SE(TM) Development Kit 5.0 Update 9: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
3. Install Java.
4. Set environment variables in /My Computer/Properties/Advanced/Environment/System Variables as follows:
a. SET JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_09
b. SET JBOSS_HOME=c:\novell\idm\jboss
c. SET path - Add to the end of line ;c:\novell\idm\mysql\bin
5. Boot the server.
6. Stop Any running IDM Jboss/ Mysql after restart:
mysqld --install MySQL --defaults-file=c:\novell\idm\mysql\my.ini
7. Unzip Javaservice and run the following commands:
installjboss mysql -auto
Start Mysql service - net start MySQL
Start Jboss Service - net start JBoss
- Windows 2003
- Java JDK 1.5
- IDM User Application 3.01
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.