** search for job 95593 **
NOTE - the job description on the company site is not the correct one. The job description below outlines the position accurately.
TITLE (REQ ID): DIRECTORY SERVICES SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (95593)
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: FULL TIME
HOURS PER PAY PERIOD: 80
SHIFT HOURS: 8HOUR
FACILITY: CATHOLIC HEALTHCARE WEST
LOCATION: PHOENIX, AZ
The Directory Services Administrator will integrate into the existing Directory Services team, and be able to make an immediate impact by authoring Novell Identity Manager policies to add features, and close bugs in the existing identity management infrastructure. This position will be operational, and have responsibility to work and close operational tickets. Will oversee daily support & management of metadirectory and associated infrastructures. The role is responsible for completing all regularly scheduled run-book items to the satisfaction of the Directory Services Team Lead.
The Directory Services team at CHW is responsible for enterprise-wide identity & metadirectory management affecting the CHW Health System including 43 hospitals, associated clinics, and business offices. The novell identity manager deployment plays an essential role in this equation.
The Directory Services Administrator will also interface with infrastructure support teams, application teams, technology strategy, technology operations, the program office and other areas of IT.
- Expertly understand and apply Novell and Microsoft administration, management and performance tuning techniques
- Provide Development support to the Directory Services identity management feature and bug queue
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Provision, verify, and preserve the organization’s role-based security model.
- Maintain strict change control of system infrastructure
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for system environment
- Test and update disaster recovery plan
- Provide other technical services as necessary for the successful completion of projects
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field(s) of study such as management information systems or business administration, or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of information systems experience with an emphasis in managing large scale directory environments
- VMWare experience preferred
- Experience with Novell Sentinel and Microsoft SCOM a plus
- MCITP, M/CNE, or MCSE Certification preferred
- Exchange 2003/2007 experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Possesses extensive experience with a deep understanding of LDAP (Novell e-Directory, and Active Directory)
- Extensive experience with managing LDAP schema and schema extensions
- Deep understanding and experience with complex data structures, SQL database administration, SQL querying skills and data conversion techniques
- Experience with version control products like SVN, CVS, and other GUI management front ends
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, WINS, and TCP/IP networking
- Experience & knowledge of scripting languages (VBscript, Powershell, Kix, bash, perl, etc.)
- Deep understanding and experience with markup languages like HTML, XML, XSLT, etc.
- Practical experience utilizing various monitoring & diagnostic tools.
- Fundamental experience managing virtual servers.
- Knowledge of and experience with the various PKI Products.