The Novell Open Audio team recently conducted an in-depth interview with with David Condrey and Sophia Germanides on the product enhancements added to Novell Storage Manager 3, including those recently introduced in Novell Storage Manager 3.0.1.
Some of the topics discussed in the new podcast include:
• Feature parity between the eDirectory and Active Directory versions of the product
• How Novell Storage Manager works with products from NetApp, EMC, and HP
• Storage redistribution and load balancing
• How Novell Storage Manager controls costs associated with the largest line item in a CEO's budget—storage
• How Novell Storage Manager addresses compliance and information governance challenges
• Cross-Empire Data Migration
The podcast is about 30 minutes and is available here: http://www.novell.com/recording/novellopenaudio/20...
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.