Novell Vibe 3.3 is now accepting applications for authorized beta sites.
This message contains news about the beta release of Novell Vibe 3.3. Please read on if you would be interested in participating with Novell in the beta testing of this product.
What is the scope of Novell Vibe 3.3
Vibe 3.3 will support the new Vibe Desktop and Vibe Add-in.
Novell Vibe Desktop provides a local, synchronized file store for Vibe files, allowing you to work on Vibe files in offline mode, then save them back to the Vibe site.
Novell Vibe Add-in allows you to work on Vibe files without ever leaving familiar Office apps (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
This release will also include improvements in the following areas:
- Landing Pages
- My Calendar/My Tasks
- Folder copy and rename
- Limits for file sizes
- Dynamic group creation
How does it work?
As part of our drive to incorporate the vital feedback from our customers, we at Novell would like to establish a close working relationship with a select, small group of customers at this stage of our product development. In this arrangement, you would be first to receive new versions of the software and you would receive free technical support for the duration of the test cycle. Authorized beta sites will also have an opportunity to influence the development of the product and gain valuable insight and experience with the product prior to the public release. For this Beta we are encouraging you to give us feedback about missing features, quality issues in terms of performance and scalability.
In return, we ask your site to test the product and report your feedback on the product’s performance. By doing so you would be helping us service you better.
Below are the requirements to be part of this beta, please read through them and if you feel you are interested follow the information below and sign-up for the beta selection.
- Test the product for a minimum of 5 to 10 hours a week.
- Install the product within 72 hours of receiving it.
- Complete provided test cases within one (1) week after each beta release is installed.
- Report on defects found during beta testing within one (1) business day.
- Regress defects found with product refresh code.
- Participate in conference calls, as scheduled.
- Answer survey questions, as needed.
- Periodically report feedback to development on reliability, stability, and readiness of product for the marketplace.
- Provide feedback regarding product documentation and help systems.
- Host on-site visits from Novell as needed.
- Participate in the Novell Beta Test Program under a formal Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Provide the required hardware and supported platforms/databases to adequately test the product.
- Early access to product code.
- Involvement in development cycle, which includes the ability to influence the final code and submit enhancement requests prior to release.
- Free technical support throughout the duration of the beta test period.
- More stable code due to multiple individuals testing in many environments.
- One-on-one contact with the Development team, Product Management, Marketing, etc., through weekly conference calls.
- Relationship-building opportunities with other beta sites around the world.
- Product training sessions during conference calls.
- Improved documentation.
How to Apply for Authorized Test Participation?
The beta test program is currently scheduled to begin in March and run through June 2012. If you are interested in helping us serve you better by testing the beta product and if you meet the requirements listed above, please fill out the survey located at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/vibe33beta
NOTE: Not all sites that respond will be selected for participation in the beta program. Your availability to commit time and energy, together with the platforms and test environment you will be using, will be major factors in determining whether your site is selected.
As we see it, in return for your time and commitment, the early look, technical support, and the resulting knowledge you gain will undoubtedly benefit your site as you roll this product out into your production environment.
Please consider your availability to participate as a Novell Vibe 3.3 authorized beta test site.
If you need further information or have any questions, you may contact the beta manager:
Novell Project Manager/Beta