This article describes the Media Upgrade of OES 11 to OES 11 SP1 on Citrix XenServer.
Clone the machine which you want to upgrade (full clone)
- Add a new Virtual machine (OES-UPGRADE).
- In finish page uncheck the start new VM automatically.
- Select the newly created VM.
- Click on the storage tab of it.
- Detach the old hard disk from the original VM on which you want to update.
- Click on Newly created VM guest(OES-UPGRADE) and click on storage tab and click Attach. Storage window will get displayed with all detached hard disks . Click on the correct hard disk detached from the original VM and attach to the newly created VM
- Do check read only to be set to NO.
- Go to Citrix XenServer host and type the following command to start the upgrade process.
- Enter the following command on the command prompt.
- vm-disk-list vm=<new created vm>
eg: vm-disk-list vm=OES_UPGRADE
- Command to list the parameters
- xe vbd-param-list uuid=<VBD uuid>
eg : xe vbd-param-list uuid=00f7d945-fe54-f00f-6177-37737446956b
- Set the Bootable parameter to False by entering the following command
- xe vbd-param-set uuid=<VBD uuid> bootable=false
eg : xe vbd-param-set uuid=00f7d945-fe54-f00f-6177-37737446956b bootable=false
The output of the parameter list is displayed in the below screenshot
- Boot the newly created VM and start the up gradation process.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.