Localized NetStorage Broken after installing NW 6.5 SP6
I found that our NetStorage stopped working after installing SP6 for NW 6.5 (we use localized interface into czech language). It was impossible to upload or download files. I'm not a HTML and/or JS guru, so it was impossible for me to track down the error messages out of internet browser, for the cause of this problem.
But great help for me was TID 2974867; there was something wrong with SYS:tomcat\4\webapps\NetStorage\messages.js.de, I opened the messages.js.cs file and compared it to messages.js.en which should be without any error. And I found, that in lines 9,10,12,13, 14 ( see first screenshot ) and
in lines 108 (here is the only false translation and has nothing to do with the broken functionality of NetStorage) and 109 (see second screenshot) are errors. On the screenshots in the left panel is the corrected messages.js.cs file and in the right panel file which is in SP6. I think the screenshots are self-explaining and you can clearly see what should be done.
I found that files messages.js with locale hu,pl and,sk have the same problem. These locales can be corrected in the same way as cs locale.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.