Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing
GroupWise can automatically generate an electronic business card you can attach to your messages to make it easier for recipients to import your contact information, but your automatically generated card might not include all the info you want to send. Here's a tip from to help you customize your vCard and set up your signature to automatically attach it.
To edit your automatically generated vCard:
1. Click the Address Book button to open your address book.
2. Select your GroupWise system address book usually labeled "Novell GroupWise Address Book."
3. Right-click on the entry that displays your name and email address.
4. Select Export.
5. From the Save as type drop-down list, select *VCF.
6. Name your file and save it in an appropriate location.
7. Browse to the .vcf file you just saved and open it with a text editor, such as Notepad.
8. Make any changes to the contact information in the file.
9. Save and close the file.
To automatically attach the edited vCard:
1. Select Tools | Options.
2. Double-click the Environment icon.
3. Click the Signature tab.
4. Check the box next to Electronic business card (vCard).
5. In the file selection box below the option, browse to the vCard file you edited and saved.
6. Click OK and Close.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.