Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing
Nautilus Shortcut Keys
The ALT key can add some easy file navigation tricks in SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10. Here's what ALT can do.
- Click My Computer.
- Under Favorite Applications, select Nautilus file browser.
- Press ALT + left arrow key to browse through files and folders to the left.
- Press ALT + right arrow key to browse through files and folder to the right.
- Press ALT + up to move to the parent folder one level above.
- Press ALT + down to open the file or folder you've selected.
see a flash demonstration of this tip, click the play button below.
For more Web- and Flash-based instructor-led tutorials on how to use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop features, check out the SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 Computer-Based Training from BrainStorm, Inc.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.