Evaluation, limited by size for volumes and partitions
home page url:
This is a powerful and comprehensive tool for testing disk drives and NetWare partitions.
- Complete disk testing
- Multiple types of disk tests
- Supports various I/O block sizes
- Displays sequential and random I/O disk performance
- Extensive analysis feature including bit-walking
- Supports automatic Hotfixing of defecting sectors
- NetWare Partition Verify detects areas of the partition that are already Hotfixed and verifies the hotfixed areas instead of the original sectors
- Detects errors in the System Data Area of a NetWare partition
- Displays NWPA and DSK drive details
- NetWare 3.x, 4.x, 5.x and 6.x
This software runs as an NLM on a NetWare server. For NetWare 3.x and 4.x servers, both the NWIO (DSK) and NWPA (HAM) device driver interfaces are supported. For NetWare 5.x and 6.x, only the NWPA (HAM) interface is supported.
An option is provided to automatically Hotfix defecting sectors. When media errors are detected, the sector will be replaced with a spare hotfix block.
The System Data Area is a very important part of the NetWare partition. If bad sectors are discovered in this area of the partition, the entire partition may fail in the future. This software will detect errors in this area, giving you advance notice that the disk drive needs to be replaced.
Download an evaluation release supporting testing of the first 1000 MB or purchase a copy with no disk testing size restrictions.
What's New in Release 3.03 (Feb-28-2004):
1) Added support for NetWare 6.5 SP1
- Do not use emm386.exe in config.sys for the DOS version of
Disk Test. We have seen so many issues with this memory
manager that we have removed the need for emm386.exe.
- MEGA4_XX.HAM drivers. The 6.x version of these drivers have a
problem in the interrupt code. If used with Disk Test the
server will abend. Use version 3.09 of these drivers.
- EMC SANS. Some EMC configuration use the POWPATH.CDM. This CDM
provides virtual drive support to redundant fibre channel paths.
Disk Test does not access CDMs and instead goes directly
to the HAM drivers. This may result in multiple instances being
displayed for the same device. The solution is to unload the
POWPATH.CDM driver, configure the QLogic Fibre Channel drivers
to not include redundant paths. Then reboot the server. Once
the storage management operations have been completed, return
the server to the standard EMC configuration.
- IBM Netfinity ASPI RAID DOS Driver. The is an issue with
Disk Test and the DOS ASPI RAID driver. Do not load the
IBM DOS ASPI driver for the IBM RAID controllers. Storage
Manager will access the RAID controller correctly without the
DOS ASPI driver.
- Compaq ASPI driver FWS2ASPI.SYS version 2.06. This ASPI driver
is not compatible with other ASPI drivers. To use Compaq ASPI
drivers with other ASPI drivers use version 2.05. If another
ASPI driver is installed with the Compaq driver version 2.06
Disk Test will not be able to see the Compaq driver.