I've written a little about the Next Generation of ZENworks - it's time to write some blog posts about what we are planning during 2007.
I planned the structure of this series while visiting customers in Europe; during that tour I was describing our roadmap, strategy and vision - all under Non-Disclosure. My challenge is to share much of that in a public blog, without requiring every one of you to sign a 'virtual non-disclosure', and yet keeping the content interesting and useful.
As we move through the remaining months of 2006 and into early 2007 we will be communicating a lot more about our plans for the Next Generation of ZENworks; BrainShare 2007 will naturally be a focal point for announcements.
So here is my rough plan for the next few posts:
- ZENworks History 101
- Looking back over the last ten years
- why has ZENworks been so successful with customers?
- how did the product evolve?
- why is there a need for 'Next Generation'?
- ZENworks Next Generation Architecture
- a dive into the architectural components of the Next Generation of ZENworks
- why is this a good thing for existing customers?
- why is this a good thing for new customers?
- Installation and Deployment
- Zero to Hero - Deploying your first ZENworks server in ten minutes!
- Adding managed workstations and servers
- Expanding your ZENworks infrastructure
- A walk through the ZENworks Control Center
- Web based management for ZENworks
- Native integration with your corporate directory
- Linux and Windows management from a single point
- How to get there from here
- Some early notes on migrating to ZENworks Next Generation
I'm sure that questions will drive more posts - but for now that seems to cover a lot!
Written at: München, Germany