NoClone - file mangement utility software to find and delete TRUE duplicate files
* True Byte-to-byte comparison , not by CRC/MD5. Why most accurate? http://support.reasonablesw.com/forums/94/ShowPost...
* Search duplicate files contents and similar files regardless of file name
* Search duplicate pictures (jpg, gif), video (avi, mpg), songs(mp3) , DLLs, Office documents(xls, doc, ppt, pub), pdf and any file types
* Search duplicate Outlook emails (new 2007, v4.1)
* Search files with same contents, same name.
* Powerful fuzzy match to uncover similar files (new 2007, v4.1)
* Smart marker of duplicate files by date, version, size, folder and file name pattern
* Replace by NTFS hard link / shortcut (new v4.0)
* Preview files, show file versions and properties
* Save search session / Export result to CSV, XLS, XML format
* Search local hard drives and over network - edition comparison
* Clean up hard disks, identify and recover wasted disk space
* Reduce backup time and media used for backups,
* Reduce file searching time, minimize time used to unneeded virus scanning
* Obtain more free space on "limited" resources, like notebooks
* Remove duplicate files to eliminate synchronization problem
* Organize files neat and manage files better
* Cheaper than buying a new hard drive, so don't buy new hard drive, buy NoClone.
Sample applications: file management, storage management, document management, digital forensics and plagiary detection.
** Enterprise vs Home edition: http://noclone.net/mybuy_details.asp
Home edition searches up to 3 network paths, 300,000 files and runs on all Windows except Server.
New in NoClone 2007: http://support.reasonablesw.com/forums/173/ShowPos...
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.