The iPrint Backup script is used to backup iPrint to eDirectory and create an XML backup in the /var/opt/novell/iprint/<PSM Name.psm> folder. Any time interval can be used through a crontab entry. One possible use for this script is if your iPrint eDirectory backup is failing periodically. You can find the pattern and identify what could be causing the issue
- Download iprintbackup.tgz
- Open a Terminal window and type “su”.
- Enter root’s password.
- Extract the script from the tarball.
#tar –xzvf iprintbackup.tgz
- Make the script executable and only readable for root.
#chmod 700 iPrintBackup.sh
- Open the iPrintBackup.sh script file and fill out the values at the top of the file for the admin eDir username and password
- Setup crontab for to run 10 minutes after the hour.
Add the line "10 * * * * /[full path to the sript]/XMLBackup.sh
Save the file (ESC :wq if you are in vi).
- Your iPrint system should now be backed up.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.