I am hoping to consolidate ideas or solutions to the everg-rowing website proxy sites that bypass filters. I have been monitoring and inputing new rules and these sites come up.
I find using the proxy cache monitor NWAdmin very effective on finding the commonly used sites
and I also use BRDstats to create the HTML statistics logs of every 10MB log file I have. We currently do not use a 3rd party content filter, so therefore it's very hard to keep up the paces with these new sites that come up. I noticed that many of the sites are now providing automatic email of new proxy sites to help keep ahead of the filters.
I have found the following list for blocking search terms:
I have also used port access rules to deny access to domains. Here's my list of domains to block ...
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.