Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing
- The user for whom you want to accept appointments has given you proxy access rights.
- The multi-user view of your calendar is set up to show the proxy's calendar.
Create the Home View Panel:
- Click the panel menu arrow at the top right of any of your existing Home View Panels.
- Select Add Panel.
- Click New Panel.
- Name the new panel according to the proxy?s name.
- Click Change Folder.
- Select your GroupWise Calendar.
- Click OK.
- Click More Display Settings.
- In the View by menu, select Calendar.
- In the Calendar Views menu, select Multi-User.
- Choose the calendar items you wish to display.
- Choose the number of days you wish to view at one time.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to exit the Create Panel dialog.
- Click Add to add the panel to your Home View.
Accept or Decline Appointments:
- Right-click the unaccepted appointment. Unaccepted appointments will appear in italics.
- Select Accept or Decline.
- The appointment will also show that it is accepted or declined on the person's calendar for whom you have proxy rights.
To be able to accept or decline appointments as they come in, subscribe to the proxy's notifications (see this previous BrainStorm Cool Tip: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/18429.html ) and choose accept or decline on the notification.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.