In this article I will explain how to install GroupWise Mobile Server on a Windows 2000 Server. If you start a same test server as I did, make sure you have also installed SQL or MSDE on that W2K server. You also need a running GroupWise 7 SP1 or later system.
1. Insert the GMS CD and start the setup. You will see the welcome screen as shown below.
2. Click Next.
3. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
4. Enter the license key code.
After the license key is accepted, you will see this screen:
5. Leave it at the default and click Next. This way you will install the whole Mobile Suite on the server.
6. Enter the Username and password from your administrator account.
7. After the user credentials are accepted, enter the installation path.
8. Leave it at the default and click Next.
9. In my test lab I don't use a clustered enviorment, so just click Next to continue.
10. Select the mail server you are using.
11. Click Next.
12. Enter the IP address of your GroupWise server.
13. Provide a GroupWise user and password. This is the check to determine whether the connection can be established.
14. Make sure you have SOAP enabled on the PostOffice Agent you want to connect to. The default setting does not allow SOAP. You can enable SOAP under the properties of the POA.
Click to view.
Figure 10 - Enabling SOAP on the Post Office agent
15. Click Next.
16. Click Next again.
17. Enter your address information.
18. Enter the URL to connect to the web interface of GroupWise Mobile Server.
19. Click Next.
20. Make sure that you understand and check all the boxes.
21. Click Next.
Now you are ready to install ...
22. Click Install to continue the installation.
The installation will now start.
23. Wait a couple of minutes, then click Finish - and the installation is ready.
Starting GroupWise Mobile Server
1. Open the web interface of GroupWise Mobile Server.
2. In your favorite browser, enter the DNS name or IP address in the URL field.
You will see the login page of GrouopWise Mobile Server.
3. Enter your GroupWise name and Password and click Login.
After that, you will see a configuration wizard that helps you setup the right setting for you.
4. Walk through the wizard, and finally you will see this screen.
Now it's time go get the user manual of the GroupWise Mobile Server and learn how to work with it. You can find the manual here:
I hope that after reading this article more people will test and use GroupWise Mobile Server. It's really a great product from Novell and Intellisync.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.