This document helps NetWare Customers to backup the NSS volumes from a NetWare server using Backup Exec engine.
Install the Backup Exec engine and Agent on NetWare server from the Windows machine.
Backup Exec configuration:
- Load bestart in NetWare server where backup exec got installed
- Login using Username and Password
- In Backup exec Administration console goto Jobs -> Update Agent list.
It will update the list of backup exec agents
- Goto Jobs select policy and specify the policy attributes to customize to your needs.
Use spacebar to select/deselect the options
- Goto Drives->Backup-to-disk-folder and specify the name and path that the backup data has to be stored
Taking Backup using Backup Exec:
- Goto Jobs -> Backup -> Make Selections and select the dataset that has to be backed up and do submit
Give the backupname and policy name and press F2 to accept the selections
- Goto Administration -> Active jobs and view the status of the backup operation
Restore using Backup Exec:
- Goto Jobs -> Restore -> Make selections by volume and select the backup sets that needs to be restored and do submit.
- In restore job properties window select redirection and in redirect files give the destination path to store the restored data and accept selections.
- Goto Administration -> Active jobs and view the status of the restore operation Backup/restore job from the Backup Exec server is scheduled which will backup and restore the NSS volumes.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.