An archive job fails to run and you get the error: "Error authenticating connection, check if eDirectory user name and password are correct."
- The user is not LUM enabled or part of novlxtier LUM group on the OES 2 server running Archive and Version Services
- If a job is manually configured in the arkConfig,xml file using IP address or hostname of the source server.
- Casa credentials are not set correct
If the user is not LUM enabled or part of novlxtier LUM group.
- LUM enable the arkuser on the server running Archive and Version Services.
- Add the arkuser to the "novelxtier" LUM group. The group is created on installing the OES 2 server.
- To refresh the LUM cache, run namconfig cache_refresh.
- Start the Archive and Version Service.
If a job is manually configured in the arkConfig,xml file using the IP address or hostname of the source server.
Ensure that the IP address or hostname mentioned in the source element of the arkConfig.xml is the same as the IP address or hostname of the server, where the data to be versioned is located. On updating the IP address or hostname in the arkConfig.xml file, restart the Archive server.
If the Casa credentials are not set correct.
To reset the password in the CASA store run the following command:
Give the admin password when it is prompted.
Start the Archive and Version Service.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.