GNU General Public License (GPL)
This tool was previously named "Novel Client for Linux" but has been renamed to avoid confusion with Novell Client for Linux SLED".
NCP Client for Linux (previously Novel Client for Linux) is an X Windows program which allows making NCP connections over IP or IPX to Novell Netware servers. Usage is intuitive since the interface looks quite familiar to users of the Novell Client for Windows. For screenshots, help, and requirements check the homepage. It can be downloaded in a self-extracting format with an easy setup script which is tailored for Redhat7.x / KDE though it may install fine on other distributions as well.
Run 'sh novelclient-0.7.4.bz2.sh' as root to start the setup.
- Slackware 10.1 Patch 2005-09-19
- Novel Client for Linux 0.91 2004-12-13
- Updated SuSE 9.1 RPM 2004-12-07
Feb/Mar 2004: Novel Client 0.86 released. Setup has been simplified and improved. Now works in environments with multiple DA's. The code was cleaned up a bit. It still needs more of that though.
- Delimited password, mountpoint fields to allow spaces/special chars.
- Will now query for tree name using SLP.
- Strips leading dots from context automatically.
- Tests for apostrophes in input fields, warns user.
- Minor changes.
I can be contacted via form-based email on SourceForge at http://sourceforge.net/sendmessage.php?touser=580583.