home page url:
DSImport: eDirectory CSV Import Tool
DSImport allows you to process information from CSV files to ...
- import new objects
- modify existing objects
- delete existing objects
- compare with existing objects
- Show this short overview
- Get Updates
Use the link to my web site to check for updates and get the most recent version
Tab "Tree & Context"
- Select the tree and container
In the tree view, choose a tree and container as a base for your CSV operation
This is especially important if your CSV does not contain the full DNs, but only CNs or short object names
- The right panel shows default settings for your CSV - choose the settings that best fit your CSV contents
Tab "CSV -> eDirectory"
- Click "Load CSV" to read your CSV and check the result in the CSV grid.
Nothing will be sent to eDirectory at this stage.
If the columns do not match the way you want your data structured, change the settings (see above) and reload the file
Check the comments on "Using the correct CSV file structure" below.
- Excluding specified colums/attributes from the operation
If you would like to exclude selected columns from being imported into eDirectory, click on the CSV grid column header.
Selected columns are green, unselected columns are displayed red.
- Operating on individual objects
You may right-click on an object in the CSV grid to perform an action (add, delete, modify) on an individual object CSV line
- Editing CSV grid data
Double-clicking into a grid cell allows you to edit the contents of a data cell.
NB: the change will be temporary and will NOT change the imported files
- Check the results screen for logging and error information.
You may use right-click to clear or save the list
Using the correct CSV file structure
- The first CSV line should typically contain the eDirectory names of the attributes
- The first column should be the CN or the DN of the objects
- Lines starting with '#' are treated as comments and will be ignored
Freeware written by Wolfgang Schreiber
File Owner: Dr. Wolfgang Schreiber
Platforms: Windows Win9x/WinNT/Win2k/WinXP
2009/11 First release
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.